When painting windows, it is vital that this does not interfere with the smooth operation of the windows so you won’t end up with them sticking or even ending up sealed shut
We Paint your existing windows if they are looking a bit weather-worn or even if you would just like a change of colour. It is important to get your window frames painted by professionals and we will ensure that they are properly finished to high standards.
A general exterior painting job would consist of Painting existing windows
Remove old sliding sashes / hinged sashes/opening doors from the frames.
- Sand back the old paint from the inside and outside of the frames and the timber window sills, to ensure the sashes are back to bare timber.
- Carry out any filling, putty or resin repairs that may be necessary. Prepare the surface of the timber to a smooth finish to accept the base coat.
- Knot, stop and prime the frames using Zinseer Bin primer and Bedec Aqua advanced primer.
- Finish with two full top coats of Demi Dek Satin finish in brilliant white on the windows and frames and three top coats on the sills to a very high standard.
- Sand down the inside and outside of the frames and the timber window sills to remove the old paint.
- Carry out any filling or resin repairs that may be necessary. Prepare the surface of the timber to a smooth finish to accept the base coat.
- Prime the bare timber. Finish with two full top coats of Sikkens Satin finish in brilliant white. Sashes
- Remove old paint from the glass, rake out any defective putty, replace with new linseed oil putty.
- Tape up the glass inside and outside with low tack precision tape for perfectly straight lines.
- Sand back the sashes internally and externally depending on your needs to reveal as much detail on the mouldings as possible. Remove all flaking paint and make good where necessary using ‘Decorfill’ two-part primer for added durability.
- Knot, stop and prime the sashes using advanced primers. Finish with two full top coats of exceptional quality finish in brilliant white. Complete touch ups as required